Saturday, May 23, 2015

Plein Air Adventures

in Georgian Bay

This morning I leave for a one night getaway to Waskesiu Lake. I need to scope out a view for a commission, so I have decided to make an event out of it and take my painting gear, a bottle of wine, a good magazine and my fire pot! I hope to find some inspiration, get a good dose of fresh lake air and rejuvenate. I always forget how busy life gets at the end of the school year and it is also a time when my husband has to travel a bit with work- this year more than usual. I am really tired! A little "me" time might just be what I need to feel energized for that last push through June to get to summer holidays.

on the South Saskatchewan River

As I began planning my little getaway, I got thinking about some of my other "me" times over the last five years. I found a few photos to share with you.

at Spruce River

at Emma Lake

 on Waskesiu Lake
Georgian Bay countryside

on the Waskesiu River

overlooking downtown Saskatoon

on Mekewap Lake

on Sulphide Lake

at Georgian Bay

Have a great weekend and I hope to have some paintings to share with you soon!

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this post! Artists need "me" time.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara. I am sitting on the deck as I type this. It is so quiet and peaceful. I am feeling a lot of gratitude right now. "Me" time is A-OK. :)

XO Nicki

Marcela Strasdas said...

Great Idea Nicki! Hope you enjoyed yourself! :)

Nicki said...

It was a wonderful, relaxing, quick getaway. I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Thanks Marcela.

N.