Monday, September 30, 2013

The Wall, Waskesiu

 
The Wall, Waskesiu
30 x 30"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold

Whoops! I might have punched up the brightness on this image just a smidge too much. I'll try to get a better picture when I am at the studio today. Lots of playing with shapes and mark-making on this one. It is painted on a Burnt Sienna ground which is popping through here and there- especially in the forest (on my screen it looks like Cadmium Red, but it is not).

I am getting extremely excited for my painting trip to Georgian Bay. I leave in a week, but my travel mates are already there. They drove and I will fly. I am getting reports about the spectacular landscape and can only imagine the inspiration that abounds. I can also just imagine the silliness! Seven days and I will be part of it!

3 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Nicki, Nicki, Nicki....you are on a major artistic roll! Another fabulous piece. Awesome! I can't wait to see what you paint in the Georgian Bay area. I would still love to meet you somehow. Let's see if we can make something work ; ) LOVE this painting!

Nicki said...

Thank you so much, Kim. That means a lot to me.

Yes, I hope to meet up with you too. I am emailing my travel pals tonight and I will see what might work out. How far are you from Toronto?

N.

Barbara Muir said...

This is just so wonderful.

I love it, and I can see not the style, but the influence of the big ideas from the drawing class filtering into the painting, but not changing your style (thank goodness I love your style).

XOXO Barbara