New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

And They're Off!




This is really happening! The Georgian Bay trip is underway! We met at the studio yesterday and packed up Jackie's car Tetris-style. The girls left this morning at 6:00, audio books waiting in the wings, and began their journey east. I sent a text this morning and Bridget is very excited about all of the cows they have already seen! (See her below link and art-work to understand why.) I will meet them in two weeks. I can hardly wait to see the paintings and sketches they do in the days before I arrive. It is so exciting! I have sent a bin of materials with them including my oil paints which I cannot carry-on or check-in on my flights. How do plein air painters travel? Can you get special permission? I didn't look further into it because there was no need, but it does make me wonder. There must be a way around it. Anyway, in the meantime I will keep painting with my acrylics and then bring them with me when I go on October 7th (they are allowed on flights).

To get to know my travel mates please check out these links:

Bridget Aitken
Jacqueline Faye Miller

2 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Yay!! Exciting. Hoping we can meet up somehow.

Nicki said...

I hope so Kim!