New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Another "Meewasin" Underway

Stage two - in the studio

Stage four - in the school gym

I can't get enough of the Meewasin Valley! I pondered my reference photos for two years and once I finally painted "Good Morning Meewasin" this spring I haven't been able to stop imagining more canvases with this subject. This particular morning in 2010 was absolutely glorious. I dropped my boys off at school and immediately had to drive to the river to take photos. It was a calm, clear morning and the low-rising October sun was catching the tops of the autumn foliage. It was stunning. Thank goodness I (almost) always carry my camera with me.

This painting began at the studio last week. First I put some acrylic washes down (stage one- no photo) and began laying out the composition in acrylic (stage two- top photo). The next stage was getting some of the darks put down in oil and making some of the areas more specific (stage three- no photo). I am now at stage four (above) which developed at the school gym the other night when I was invited to set up my easel and paint at an art-related fundraising event. It was lots of fun and between chatting with children and parents I was actually able to get a bit of work done.

I am anxious for tomorrow arrive because I will be able to work on this for another four hours. Could there be anything better than painting in the studio on a blustery November afternoon?

No comments: