New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Incoming

Incoming
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011
sold  


I have really enjoyed painting these soft, stormy skies. I've got a 24 x 24" cradled panel all gessoed and ready to go. I am planning to paint a larger version and can hardly wait to get started, however, I am planning to wait until I have a good stretch of time because I know when I start I won't want to stop. Plus I will need to work while the paint is wet so I can blend and smudge. Fun!


3 comments:

-Don said...

Well, you couldn't have captured this any better. I can almost smell the rain in the air. Great job!

-Don

suzanneberry said...

so glad you're gearing up to do more of these...this is so powerful and yet majestic. beautifully done!

Nicki said...

Thank you Don!



Hi Suzanne,

Yes, I am quite excited to work on a larger version. The panel is on my easel and ready to go at the studio, now I just need to get there. Hopefully I will be able to get the same effect in a larger scale.

Nicki