New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Progress

Deer Trail Through Wolf Willow
(in progress)
24 x 24 " 
© Nicki Ault, 2011  

The next stage is where I begin with oils. At this point I build things up; begin to find patterns and rhythms with the paint. I really want the main focus to be the trail that carves through the grass and the Wolf Willow, so I am hoping I can get it to read right. The resource photo I am using (you can see it taped above the canvas on the easel) was taken almost two years ago at a protected grassland area within the city limits of Saskatoon. It is a really beautiful, tranquil place right in a residential neighborhood. All kinds of wildlife call it home... and there are lots of animals, too. Bah dah bah! Thank you, I'll be here all week!

2 comments:

inma g. delgado said...

It's very nice.
Me gustan tus obras tienen vida y movimiento...

Nicki said...

Thank you so much, Inma. I am so happy that you took the time to let me know you enjoy my paintings.

I hope you visit again,
Nicki