Saturday, December 15, 2018

Into The Twilight

Into The Twilight
30 x 24"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2018
sold at Assiniboia Gallery

A moody scene at dusk near the Ski Beach at Waskesiu; bright and intense sunlight burning through the silhouetted trees. 

The motivation for this painting came after I painted "Silver Twilight" in September as part of my daily painting project for the Assiniboia Gallery's booth at Art Now. I immediately knew I had to take it up in scale and Jeremy (the owner of Assiniboia Gallery) agreed. I love the vertical orientation and how this format lends itself to the height of the trees.

"Into The Twilight" was delivered (still wet) to the Assiniboia Gallery yesterday with four other smaller pieces.... hopefully just in time to make the perfect gift for someone!

No comments: