Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Sky Over Canola (Painting Makeover)

Sky Over Canola
(after)
24 x 36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Darrell Bell Gallery

While I like the idea of the original painting- a bright, sunny, blue sky above a happy canola field - the execution left me a little cold. I was irritated by the cloud shapes in the original as well as the intensity of the blue vs the yellow. I gave it a major overhaul and I am much more pleased with the painting now.

Sky Over Canola
(before)
24 x 36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2016

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love both versions. The only person's opinion that counts of course is yours. I've just done this to a couple of pieces and it feels wonderful doesn't it -- to make the piece make you happy!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbarta

Nicki said...

I am much happier with this version. The original just never sat quite right with me. :)

XXOO
N.