Friday, December 2, 2016

Delayed But Sincere Reaction - Thank You!

Open Studio Show and Sale 2016
© Nicki Ault, 2016

Sunday, November 28th is a blur! Our Open Studio was soooo busy- it was packed right from the get-go! Thank you so much to everyone who came to support us at Studio On 20th!

Thank you to those who came to see me and look at my artwork... and to make a purchase! The thrill and joy of having someone say they love what I have created so much that they actually want to spend their hard-earned money on a painting is a feeling I will always cherish and never take for granted. I am stunned to report that I sold 19 paintings! Several of those were my 6x6's - at one point it was almost frenzy-like around them! My heart was pounding and I felt a bit flustered! I am so grateful! And my new series was extremely well received which gave me a special validating push to keep exploring my ideas.

two pictures of the long wall
© Nicki Ault, 2016

I managed to take a few shots of the studio room that I share with Bridget Aitken. We had it all cleaned up and looking presentable for the day. I loved how it looked this year. It was so pretty; the long wall was gorgeous. I always like how we hang our work together, but for some reason this year it especially came together.
a different angle of part of the long wall
© Nicki Ault, 2016

small wall opposite the long wall and above one of our work tables
© Nicki Ault, 2016

back wall and corner
© Nicki Ault, 2016

Bridget loves painting cows, horses and abstracted still lifes. Our work is not the same, but somehow we show well together. We love interspersing our work instead of splitting the room in half and putting my art on one side and hers on the other. This way seems far more visually interesting and we have the room to do it, so why not? I also think it helps to show people how you can make work by different artists pull together aesthetically.

Again, huge thanks and appreciation from me to you, both those who found time to come on the weekend and those who support me here in this virtual world!

Thank you!

No comments: