Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Point, Heart Lakes Marina, Waskesiu

The Point, Heart Lakes Marina, Waskesiu
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2016
sold

If you have ever been to the marina at the Heart Lakes you have seen this point of land. In fact a trail goes through the forest and ends at this very spot where a couple of old homemade, wooden, moss covered and weathered benches sit overlooking the lake. I was able to take a photo of them from the pontoon boat when I took the tour of the lakes.

 
benches at the point
© Nicki Ault, 2016

I am so thankful that my friend and neighbor at the lake loved this painting when she saw it right after it was painted. She told me that she has taken many many photos of this very place, but none of them made her as happy as this painting. So she bought it!

No comments: