Sunday, October 11, 2015

Looking To The Rapids, Waskesiu River

Looking To The Rapids, Waskesiu River
30 x 40"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold 
HaPpY ThAnKsGiViNg!!!

It is hard to believe that it is already that time of the year when we stop and give thanks, but it is... it is Thanksgiving in Canada. I am celebrating with my family today and feeling so grateful for all of the opportunities available to me and my children in this great country of ours. I am so proud to be Canadian; so proud of our multicultural communities and so proud of the stunningly gorgeous landscape we live in. It is difficult not to well up when I stop and pause for a minute to reflect on how good we have it here. I am grateful. 

The above is my newest large painting. It was a challenge as I went from a summer of 6x6's to a 30x40 with no transition in between. It was a bit of a jump, but I am happy with the end result. The Waskesiu River was a real source of inspiration for me over the last several months.
I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Marcela Strasdas said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Nicki!

Nicki said...

I hope you had a lovely holiday weekend Marcela.