Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ravaged

Ravaged, Sulphide Lake
12 x 12"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2014

I wanted to paint another depiction of the ravaged, old growth forest- sometimes the mood isn't over and I have to keep going. I hope you like this version.

On a related note, the "Canoeing and Painting in the Wild" trip leaves today! I had such a great time last year and I really hope the weather is kind to them. It is so beautiful in this area- I can actually tear up just thinking about it. Sulphide Lake is a little piece of heaven here on earth. I know one of the participants so I am anxiously awaiting stories when she gets back in four days. Paddling and painting- it's a good combination.

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Even tho the trees are ravaged you have given them life and hope. Beautifully done.

Nicki said...

Suzanne, thank you so very much- I appreciate how you see this painting.

Nicki

Barbara Muir said...

Love this too. I am a bit behind on commenting. We're in Nova Scotia, and revelling in the landscape and awesome beauty. You would love it here.

I love this painting, and your wonderful style.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Barbara, I would love to go to Nova Scotia someday. It looks amazing from what I have seen of your holidays. You are so lucky to be able to make that journey every year.

XO Nicki XO