Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Georgian On My Mind

Georgian On My Mind
36 x 36"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2014
sold

The show is up!

Linda Stark, curator extraordinaire, took the diverse work of Bridget Aitken, Jacqueline Faye Miller and myself and created a wonderfully cohesive exhibition for us at St. Thomas More Gallery. I am so relieved it came together. And so proud of us gals! The trip to Georgian Bay last October was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. Happily we made the most of the experience and, with this show, it continues.

Georgian Bay: Three Takes will be up until the end of October with the artists' reception being held on Friday, September 12 from 7-9 p.m. All are welcome. I am particularly excited to share our "three takes" work. The three of us got together with all of our photographs from the trip and, after a lot of narrowing down, chose one iconic image that represented our experience in Georgian Bay. We then each painted our own take of the picture resulting in three very different points of view. Fun! Above is my "take" which I have not shown until now, but I have done a couple of smaller paintings with a similar feel. I love the drama and colours- it is definitely better in person. As usual it is hard to capture the dark hues in a photograph.

If you have time in the next couple of months to go to the gallery (it is on the second floor of St Thomas More College at the University of Saskatchewan), please let me know what you think or leave a message in the guest book. Better yet, come to the reception and say "hi".

No comments: