Thursday, April 17, 2014

Canoeing and Painting In The Wild - Year Two

On The Shadow Side of Pine
6 x 6"
oil on canvas board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold

If you check in with this blog now and then you might know that last summer I was lucky enough to join in on a fantastic new adventure called "Canoeing and Painting in the Wild" by CanoeSki Discovery Company. We drove about five hours north (of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) to the La Ronge area where we set off on a four day excursion to a remote part of the Canadian Shield. For a girl like me who had never canoed before, it was a bit intense, but for those who had canoed I think it was rather leisurely.

The great news is that Cliff Speer of CanoeSki is planning to run another trip this year to the same location at about the same time of the year (mid-August). I highly recommend this opportunity for anyone who enjoys the challenge of plein air painting. I felt privileged to be part of the trip and to see such untouched land in my own province- I felt even more honoured to be able to paint it.

The Shield
48 x 36"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold

Upon our return I wrote a blog post for each day of the trip. If you would like to read more about last year's adventure please follow these links:

Canoeing and Painting In The Wild - Day One
Canoeing and Painting in The Wild - Day Two
Canoeing and Painting in The Wild - Day Three
Canoeing and Painting in The Wild - Day Four

For detailed information regarding summer 2014 please go to the CanoeSki website and thanks to Cliff for using a couple of my paintings as visuals!

No comments: