Monday, May 23, 2011

Siver Fields of Wolf Willow

#25 - Silver Fields of Wolf Willow
(30 paintings in 30 days project)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011  

sold

I'm loving these colours together. I still want to do at least one more painting from these prairie grassland photos. I only have 5 more paintings left to do in this project which is hard to believe. I am feeling the pressure of a grand finale for painting number 30... pressure I am putting on myself. Silly. And I am really hoping the paintings I do this week will be dry enough to transport to the art show on Sunday.

6 comments:

-Don said...

Wow, Nicki! I love what you're doing with these fields.

I'm WAAAAAYYYY behind on my blogging since last week was kinda' busy for me. So, I quickly scanned through the past several postings that I missed and am just totally blown away with all of the Ault artists.

Sammy and Tommy did a great job on their 'official' boards. The Pikachu piece especially touched my heart since my middle child carried his Pikachu doll around for several years and still is held in high regard within the family.

-Don

Nicki said...

Hi Don,

I am really enjoying the fields as well and am anxious to give them a try on a larger scale. I have another one on the go for today's painting and it has tons of movement in it. You'll have to let me know what you think.

Glad you like the work by my budding artists! They were so proud.

Nicki

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

This is beautiful. Five left. You might get on a roll that keeps going like Edward B. Gordon. Who knows?

Gorgeous work.

XOBarbara

suzanneberry said...

amber waves of lovely grain! beautifully done!

Nicki said...

Mmmmm, I love your description Suzanne. Thank you.

N.

Nicki said...

Sorry I missed thanking you for your comment Barbara! I'm not sure how that happened. I can't imagine doing as many daily paintings as Edward- he's well on his way to 1700!

XO Nicki