Sunday, October 25, 2009

Countdown To Show Time


They'll Never Meet
10x10 
acrylic on canvas
sold

The countdown is on. Just some odd jobs left to do now in preparation; sending a few more invitations out, picking up two more pieces from the framer, finalizing prices, a bit of varnishing and then hanging the work. One more week and then I will be able to take a deep breath, step back and let the show unfold on it's own. Whatever will be, will be.

I am going to keep tonight's post brief. I was wanting to write about the woman who had shared her studio space with  me, but I am too tired to do her justice. I'll wait until I am thinking more clearly. My oldest has been sick since early Friday morning... high fever, sore tummy, headache, sore throat, very thirsty... and as a result I have not slept well. I don't know how long to wait it out before taking him to the doctor. My youngest seemed to be getting sick last night, and earlier today, but by bedtime seemed good as new. This whole H1N1 is freaking me out a little (I'm not saying that is what my son has because I am not capable of making that diagnosis). In a few weeks the schools will be immunizing the kids. I am trying to educate myself as much as possible in the meantime, but it is hard weeding through all of the information. I'm probably the most concerned that this vaccination contains squalene which has been shown to cause severe autoimmune disorders. I strongly suggest everyone get googling reputable sources so you can make the most informed choice for you and your family. There seems to be sensational reporting on both ends of the spectrum, so getting through the hype is not easy.  

Take care everyone.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting getting prepared but also must be exhausting for you to take care of your son at the same time.

My kids both had high fever 102-104, headache, chills and not so much sore tummy but tired. It lasted for 5 or 6 days. I took Airborne while I was taking care of them and I didn't get what they had [knock on wood]. I still intent to get a flu shot this season.

I'll be thinking of you. Rest when you can.

Anonymous said...

hi Nicki, so sorry to hear about the kids being unwell... as Sheila said it must be an exhausting time for you.

the painting is lovely, i love how you have handled the foliage in the foreground, beautiful mix of colours. r

Nicki said...

Hi Sheila,
Those high fevers sure can be scary. I'm glad it sounds like your kids are doing better and that you didn't come down with it. I took my son to the doctor this afternoon and he is now on antibiotics so hopefully he'll begin feeling better soon. Thanks for your well wishes.
Nicki


Hi Rahina,
Yup, I am tired, but holding up.
I am happy with the colours in this painting too and the way the overall thing turned out. The curator thought it would work well with the painting I posted on August 26 as a bridging piece to some of the other skies (which I have not posted yet).

Take care ladies,
Nicki

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

Beautiful painting. Oh I'm so sorry your boy is sick. I hope he's fine again now. This H1N1 thing is scary, especially as it's the only thing on the news.

I don't know why it didn't seem to be such a big deal to get vaccinated for measles and mumps, but this seems different, more worrying and less clear what the effect will be, and whether it's absolutely necessary.

Take care,

Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

Thanks, I'm glad you like this one.

And yes, all the info. coming at us regarding this flu is quite overwhelming. My little guy is feeling much better today... now that he is on antibiotics... thank goodness.

Susan said...

Hi Nicki,
I love your blog!!! Your kind heart comes through in all that you write and I thank you for sharing it. You go girl!
Your paintings are fabulous! I will be at the gallery early!!!!!
Glad to hear Sammy is feeling better tonight. Hopefully the bugs are finished with the Ault household!
Keep up the great work....
From your fan (and friend)
Susan

Nicki said...

Hi Susan,

How wonderful to see a comment from you! I really appreciate you taking a look at my blog... maybe I'll even see you there on Sunday if you come early enough.

I think think Sammy is back to feeling himself... the noise level in my house has gone back up so that is a sure sign!

:) Nicki