Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Big Day

Today is my birthday... my 41st birthday, in fact. I have been thinking of starting a blog for about a year now... and today just seemed like the right day to start. I sort of feel like today I'm biting the bullet and just jumping in... "going for it" so to speak. But really, since I have been toying with the blogging idea for a year it is hard to label this move as spontaneous! I guess it's my version of spontaneity. Last year when I turned forty I had high hopes that simply by virtue of this milestone a lot of things would fall into place. That is not really the way it went. It was actually a difficult year.

Bottom line is... I want to start a blog. I want to journal some of my thoughts. I want to record memories of my kids. But most of all I want to figure out who I am. Maybe next year when I turn 42 I will be a bit closer to having that figured out.

So I gave myself a blog for my birthday! How cool is that? Oooooo, what will I do next? Join Facebook? :)

2 comments:

Pronto said...

Happy birthday ... plus a day...

Nicki said...

Hi Pronto, thanks for your well wishes... and for being my first reader!