Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Silver Twilight, Waskesiu

#3 - Silver Twilight, Waskesiu
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2018
(12 paintings in 12 days - Project III)
sold

I'm thrilled to announce that my Artist Talk, "The Power of Painting Small and Daily Painting", will take place at 2:00 p.m. in the Assiniboia Gallery booth at Art Now!

Two years ago when I attended the very first Art Now in Saskatoon, I remember admiring the Assiniboia Gallery and thinking how it would be a dream come true to be represented by them. Twelve months later at the second Art Now in Regina, the Assiniboia Gallery introduced me as a new artist on their roster! 

A few months ago when gallery owner, Jeremy Weimer, asked if I would consider doing an Artist Talk at the third annual Art Now in Saskatoon, I really wasn't sure if I had much to contribute to the interesting art-focused dialogue that would happen throughout the weekend. Upon further consideration, however, I realized that the evolution of my art practice is a tiny bit unique in these parts and I had loads to offer on the topic of painting small and often. As a result, I agreed to do a talk... but NOT on the stage! Ha!

Leading up to this year's event I decided it would be really fun to take on another daily painting project, although it is smaller in scope than my previous two because our family holidays prevented me from starting the project sooner.

I have always kept my 6x6 size exclusive to me. I have never sold my unframed paintings of this size through a gallery or another vendor. I have made a short-term exception for this event because I hope it will add an interesting element to my talk. The full collection of the twelve daily paintings will be displayed on my portable board and easel for Friday afternoon only in the Assiniboia Gallery booth at Art Now. They are available to purchase as soon as I post them (one has already sold), but they will not be released until after my Artist Talk. 

If you have time and feel inclined to learn how incorporating small-scale work into your art practice might be beneficial, please come to my talk! It will be fun, interesting and informal!


No comments: