Thursday, September 27, 2018

Sask Craft Council Online Store


WHEW!

Art Now was a fantastic event! As an artist I was inspired to see so much excellent artwork in one location. I think it's safe to say that the prairie provinces are doing their part in elevating the Canadian art scene.

I am very grateful to the Saskatchewan Craft Council for the support and dedication they give to craftspeople and fine artisans in this province. From my viewpoint, their number one priority is to shine a light on our community's creative sector and they do that job with bells on. I am pleased to report that they sold two of the four pieces they had of mine in their booth at Art Now on the weekend and the remaining two are available in their online store until October 7th. Please have a look here , you may see something that you just can't live without.

This year at Art Now I decided to attend three Artist Talks and one panel discussion. As a result I was there all day on Saturday! I knew all of the participating artists I listened to and by the end of the day I was overwhelmed with pride. My friends and colleagues are such an inspiration to me and I feel honoured to run in the same circle as them. I don't feel worthy. Basically I feel like "one of these kids just ain't like the others", but if I keep plowing away at my art practice, maybe someday I will actually feel like I belong among these prairie stars.

The artists I listened to were:

Miranda Jones
Cam Forrester
Paula Cooley
Louisa Ferguson
Elisabeth Miller
Carol Wylie

Please do yourselves a favour and click on the links to learn more about them all.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Oh Nicki -- you are such a prairie star! I think of you as one of Canada's great painters. Love your work. And I know the remaining 2 paintings will sell before Saturday.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks so much Barbara. We shall see, it would be great if they both sold!

Hope you are well.

XO N.