New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Turquoise Sky Over Canola

Turquoise Sky Over Canola
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2016

I have neglected my little 6x6's as I prepare large pieces for the University Club show that I will hang next week. It felt good to get a couple done on Thursday and I hope to get outside in the next month to do some plein air work on my little boards. I have plans to go out to Bridget's (my studio mate's) acreage to paint next week, however I am a smidge freaked out by the ticks. Deep breath.

In preparation for the Mother's Day show at the studio I made a pile of shadowboxes thinking I might make a grid of little work in the space I share with Bridget. Well, we hung our work yesterday and my grid didn't materialize- there were too many large paintings to get up off the floor and on the wall. Our space looks really good! I will get pictures today to share with you. My favourite element is actually one wall where we have a huge (48x48) cow of Bridget's centered over our work table.  So fun! Please come if you can... details in the previous post or at the top of this page.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this,

I am so dazzled by your work!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you sweet Barbara!