New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Monday, May 2, 2016

Operation White Shadowboxes

tower of sanded and prepped boxes
© Nicki Ault, 2016

calm night spray station
© Nicki Ault, 2016

gloves woulda been smart
© Nicki Ault, 2016

I decided recently that I would make some shadowboxes for my 6x6 inch paintings. I have made them in the past and they are a bit of a pain. They take a lot of time to prep and it is not always easy to get a couple of super calm days in a row so I can spray. However, I really want to have a grid of my little paintings on display for the studio's Mother's Day Tea on May 8th, so with the great weather forecast for this week I thought I might have a window of opportunity. I began on Sunday night and "operation white shadowboxes" is well underway.

3 comments:

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

I enjoy visiting your blog from time to time and love your paintings. Your idea of placing small works in shadow boxes is interesting. I am curious about how you keep them from falling out. How do you anchor them? Thanks.

Nicki said...

Hi Jean, thank you for stopping in once in awhile! Well... dare I reveal my very high-tech secret? :) Yes! I actually anchor them with velcro! It works really well and this way they are completely and easily removable.

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

Thanks, Nicki. Genius. Velcro makes a lot of sense. And your secret is safe with me! ;)