Thursday, March 24, 2016

Throwback Thursday

By The Lake
20 x 16"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2010
sold

I painted this near the beach at the Emma Lake Kenderdine Campus. There is a lot of brushwork and texture in this piece. Here is the original post from 2010, a post that includes the story of my adventure as I painted en plein air that particular day.

The fun news, and the reason I chose to post it on today's Throwback Thursday, is that it just sold! Even more fun than that is who it sold to... my Grade Five math teacher! We had a great visit at the studio last week and she took to it immediately. I saw it at her home on the weekend and it looks great over her fireplace.


I am so happy it will be enjoyed every day.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Wow! How exciting. I love the painting, and your math
teacher was super smart to buy it.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara. I am always so thrilled when people make a connection to my art and it makes it all the sweeter when that support comes from the most unexpected places.

Hugs to you,
Nicki