New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Throwback Thursday

By The Lake
20 x 16"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2010
sold

I painted this near the beach at the Emma Lake Kenderdine Campus. There is a lot of brushwork and texture in this piece. Here is the original post from 2010, a post that includes the story of my adventure as I painted en plein air that particular day.

The fun news, and the reason I chose to post it on today's Throwback Thursday, is that it just sold! Even more fun than that is who it sold to... my Grade Five math teacher! We had a great visit at the studio last week and she took to it immediately. I saw it at her home on the weekend and it looks great over her fireplace.


I am so happy it will be enjoyed every day.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Wow! How exciting. I love the painting, and your math
teacher was super smart to buy it.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara. I am always so thrilled when people make a connection to my art and it makes it all the sweeter when that support comes from the most unexpected places.

Hugs to you,
Nicki