Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Kingsmere

The Kingsmere
36 x 30"
acrylic and oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2016
available

I am happy to finally show this painting after a last minute tweak that made a huge difference to one area of the river. When I initially began laying out the composition I used really washy layers of acrylics which I left to show through the thicker, top layers of oils. I like the effect and the contrast of those warmer reds, pinks and oranges that pop up next to the cooler greens and blues. 

Next I am on to an even larger canvas which will hold a spectacular mossy scene from Sulphide Lake in the La Ronge area. It is going to be a doozy! It will test me. I am not convinced I can pull it off. But I will try.

2 comments:

CallingForth said...

I really like this painting Nicki. All the best with your 'big one.'

Nicki said...

Thank you kindly Laurel!