New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Throwback Thursday

#30 - Showtime
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011
sold

Five years ago I did a little project where I painted thirty paintings in thirty days, then took them to an art show and sale. All of the paintings were 6x6 inches. This was painting number thirty in that series. I recall it was not always easy to find time to paint every single day, but I did it even if it meant starting at ten in the evening or getting up really early to make sure it got done. The following year I did the project again and below is the last painting in that series.

#30 - Northern Curtain Call
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

It is very interesting for me to look back at the two projects. I can see a marked growth between the two years and the years since then. That is all I can hope for. Gotta keep moving forward.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is supposed to be a throwback post, but look what I got today! So cool. I'll proudly display it on this blog and when I do future shows.

No comments: