New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Blue Hour, Waskesiu

The Blue Hour, Waskesiu
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2015
available exclusively at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery

Hello! I have missed you! I have missed this blog! I have missed connecting via art!

The turn of the new year took me and my family to Mexico and a lovely family vacation. As a result I have been off the grid and only infrequently checking emails and doing a quick Facebook scroll. I actually prepared six blog drafts before leaving for the holiday, but once in Mexico all was in Spanish so when I tried to log into my account to make a post I did not understand the lengthy security checks Blogger was performing. As a result I had to completely allow myself to let go and take a step back from my art and online self. It was a blessing in disguise because I return utterly excited to start anew and tackle that big white 48x30 inch canvas on my easel at the studio. I am ready!

The above painting is one of the last I did in December and was delivered to Lifestyles just before I left on holiday. I will show you the other five in the coming days and then it will be on to whatever I produce in  the coming year. I hope you will stay tuned to find out.

Here, from my travels, is a relaxing scene of the blue hour in a different part of the world...

 photo © Nicki Ault, 2016



2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

I love this painting and the title that describes exactly the
point in the coming evening, when the night starts and it is always an awesome colour of blue on a beautiful day.

So gorgeous!

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Yes, the blue hour late afternoon, early evening, so lovely in the lake setting... with a hint of the warm setting sun.

Hugs to you,
Nicki