Saturday, February 14, 2015

Country Road

Country Road
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/nicki-ault/country-road/332770
sold 

Let's face it- this is a difficult composition, but I have done a similar painting before and I thought I would try it again. I love the water pooling in the ruts in the dirt road. The blue reflection of the sky in unlikely places has always intrigued me. The shock of blue where it doesn't belong really gets me going.

I am anxious to get out and explore when the weather finally turns. I want to navigate through some of Saskatchewan's country roads and zigzag through the grids to find interesting painting scenes and locations. I was beyond remiss last year in collecting new, inspiring images with my camera- as a result I am struggling with inspiration this winter. I will make it through, but I have learned my lesson. You can never have too many resource photos!

2 comments:

Sherry Ponych said...

Wow, I love the sense of place. That is the prairies! I really enjoy your work.

Sherry Ponych

Nicki said...

Thank you Sherry! I am so glad you get a sense of where this painting is from and that you have found my blog.

Nicki