Thursday, February 19, 2015

Spruce River

Spruce River
6 x 6"
oil on board

I haven't painted anything of this river since 2012. At one time I considered it my muse. It is a place I would like to go back to this summer- to visit and to paint. It is a beautiful, slow, winding river that many people canoe. This particular section is just inside the old gates in Prince Albert National Park at a picnic/rest spot. This was a favorite location of artists taking classes at the Emma Lake Kenderdine Campus; many an excursion was planned for a day at this site. All of my abstract reflections were inspired by the water of this river and the large canvas I am about to start will be about this river as well.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

So beautiful. Place is so important isn't it. I am in love with certain places on this planet including my kitchen table where I'm writing to you. I wish you could see the daffodils in bloom on the table.

I so love your work Nicki. Awesome.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

I'd love to see the daffodils on your table, but better yet I would love to sit at your table with you and talk and talk and talk.

Thank you for always understanding what I blog about.

XO N.