Funky, Fresh and Full of Spice: a group show of work that is a step outside of what we might do normally. Two days only... Friday, June 23 from 6-9 pm and Saturday, June 24 from 1-5 pm at Paved Arts in Saskatoon (424 20th Street W). Featuring work by Cynthia Blanchette, Robert Remando, Levi, Monika Kinner-Whalen, Angela Storry, Michael G. Remando, Laura Hosaluk, Emily M. Kohlert, Nicki Ault and Brandi Hofer. Please come!

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery in Saskatoon. For a limited time several of my large oil paintings are also available at
their new street front gallery on 21st Street (formally Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery).

Ongoing: a selection of my larger work is available at The Black Spruce Gallery at Northside on Highway 2 just before the turn to Christopher Lake.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thunderheads Rising

Thunderheads Rising
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2014

At drawing class last week my instructor held an impromptu lecture/discussion using Photoshop and my painting "Strange Land" to talk about various aspects of creating an image. It was really interesting and helpful to have visual references to the conversation. I now have a desire to learn more about Photoshop as a tool to use in my art... I just have to find the time!

As a response to that discussion I painted another stormy prairie scene- love those thunderheads.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this too, awesome painting.

Big fan of your work you know. :-)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

You are one of my best supporters. Thank you so much!

Hugs,
N.