Monday, July 21, 2014

Pre-Cambrian Beach, Georgian Bay

Pre-Cambrian Beach, Georgian Bay
36 x 48"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2014

Things are going down- life is happening! Tonight Bridget, Jackie and I meet with the Curator of St. Thomas More Gallery to preview our work for the upcoming show based on our October 2013 trip to Georgian Bay. I feel excited and optimistic about the work we will have to offer and I can hardly wait to see the entire show hung together. I'd be lying if I didn't also say that I felt nervous and somewhat insecure, but never-the-less I will suck it up and put myself "out there" once again.

Above is my most recent work for the Georgian Bay show based on "Moody on Flat Rock Beach, Georgian Bay" which sold earlier this year. I loved that painting and I decided I wanted something similar to be shown with my collection of paintings for our show, so I painted a new version that expanded the scene and expressed a different mood.

This was the beach right in front of our home-base, our cottage on the bay. I spent precious, quality time by myself on this beach thinking about life, love, people, the future and the best two things in my life- my boys. It is here that I scoured the rocky beach looking for perfect fossils to take home for them so that they would know they were in my thoughts while I was away and that I had missed them. In the end, although my kids thought the fossils were cool, I think the emotions behind the gifts were lost on them. C'est la vie.


2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

WOW!!! this is amazing! love it. best of luck.

Nicki said...

Thank you so much Suzanne! It is great to hear from you and I am so pleased you like this one. It really went through some changes during the process, but it ended in a place that makes me feel good.