New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Why, Oh Why?

The Shallows, Georgian Bay
30 x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013

Why, oh why did I decide to have a year of risk and challenge??? The months ahead could potentially be very stressful! I entered these two paintings in the Mann Art Gallery Winter Festival Show and Sale which is a big public gallery in Prince Albert, Sask. This is a juried show and apparently after the pieces are adjudicated they are curated into one of three galleries. I hear, from colleagues who have entered other years, that you want to find your work hanging in the "main" gallery; it is okay to be placed in the secondary gallery, but you really don't want your work in the third gallery. UGH! 

The Shield, La Ronge
48 x 36"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold

Here is how I can tell this scenario is stressing me out... I had a bad dream about it the other night. I dreamed that the adjudicators hated my paintings so much that not only did the paintings not make the third gallery, but the judges actually put them outside under some rocks! ARGH!

I have planned, with a friend, to drive the one and a half hours to go to the opening gala tonight, but my nerves are getting the best of me. Whatever fate my paintings have received is already done- I just feel like keeping my eyes wide shut about it!

2 comments:

Marcela Strasdas said...

I really like The Shield painting! Beautiful!

Nicki said...

I'm so glad! Thank you Marcela.