Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sweep

Sweep
16 x 16"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2014
sold

Sometimes I am my own worst enemy, both by the negative self-talk that happens in my head and by the expectations I put on myself. I definitely put pressure on myself to come up with some new paintings for my show at Hues Art Supply; "Sweep" is one of them. In part I felt like the work I had on hand didn't necessarily come together to create a show (not that it needs to be a specific theme per se, but I do think a show needs some element of cohesion) and, in part, I really wanted to have that draw of never-before-seen work. I hope the show will be a success for Paul and his store. For me, a successful show is not just measured by sales, but also by attendance. I really hope I can generate some traffic for him and awareness for his new art supply store.

On that note we have planned a date when I will be at the store for part of the day... Saturday, Feb. 22, so mark your calendars... more information and invitations will follow.

2 comments:

cohen labelle said...

Apt title for this landscape! - it really does have a sweep to it. Congratulations, Nicki, on your exhibit. I can see your point about including new work. But I for one always love to have a chance for a second and closer look at older work. Would that I were there, I would love to catch your show.

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

And I would join Marcia, and we would be like the best show goers ever, because you would certainly know how dazzled we are by your work, and astounded at what you accomplished,
so perfectly. I love this. It is beautiful.

XOXOXO Barbara