New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

I'll Be At Hues Art Supply Today

 

I am on my way over to Hues Art Supply to spend some time working on the above painting and then to enjoy the artist reception from 2-4 p.m. I began this canvas last weekend so I hope I can get back into the swing of it and continue where I left off. At this point it is just the rudimentary under-painting and sketch of the composition. Any guesses as to what it is going to be? I am also bringing with me three new 6x6" paintings.

Here is the invitation again... if you are in the neighborhood please stop by and say "hi"!

6 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Ooooh! Great for you. What a smashing poster! :)

Nicki said...

Thanks Monika! It was a great day... and I told someone about you... she's going to look you up ( I wrote your name and blog down for her). She is very interested in thread painting and hand stitching. :)

CallingForth said...

Enjoyed meeting you today and seeing your work. Hope it was a wonderful day for you.

Nicki said...

Thank you so much for coming to the show... I had a look at your blog and your paintings are beautiful! No wonder you love water colour so much... you are very good! I enjoyed chatting with you and I hope you like your new stay wet palette. (I hope I have the right person). Hope to see you again sometime.

Nicki

CallingForth said...

Thanks Nicki - thought I would check back to see how your day went and noticed your note above - I'm glad it went well. Yes, It's me, Laurel, and nice of you to check out my blog …I think I've finished the very frustrating piece I mentioned I was working on and just posted it now.

Looking forward to using the new palette very soon!

I love your "small" paintings - they inspire me! Hope your rock is taking form - all the best.

Nicki said...

Thanks for popping in again Laurel. I am not sure what will come of the rock. I am not feeling it right now, but maybe it is begging for experimentation.

I will head over to see the painting you posted. Take care!

Nicki