Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Early Morning Sun and Shadows, Wanuskewin

Early Morning Sun and Shadows, Wanuskewin
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2013
available exclusively at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery

On June 18 I was lucky enough to be invited to go to Wanuskewin Heritage Park for a day of plein air painting. This marked the first time that a of group of artists have ever used the site for an excursion and we couldn't have hoped for a better day. It was beautiful and so peaceful with only the sounds of nature to enjoy. Well, and the occasional voices and shrieks from students on a field trip! I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about ticks and would have been somewhat shriek-y if I had one on me, so I didn't go too far off the beaten path. I managed to complete three paintings for Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery, so it was more than just a lovely and contemplative day, it was also productive!

Wanuskewin means "seeking peace of mind" or "living in harmony". Please click on the link above to learn more about this unique park, an active archeological site, which is only minutes from Saskatoon.





No comments: