Monday, July 15, 2013

Distant Promise

Distant Promise
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2013
commission through Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

Happily a painting called "It Won't Be Long" sold at Lifestyles in May and the new owner decided she would like another painting or two to complement it. I haven't done a lot of commissions, but since I have several resource photos from the day of the storm I was pleased to give it a try. 

I feel so grateful for this new relationship with Darrell Bell and his beautiful new store. I feel like it has opened my eyes and mind to new possibilities for my art.

6 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Super painting, and great post. Congratulations on everything. You are an awesome artist.

XOXO Barbara

suzanneberry said...

Excellent study of an approaching storm and congrats on your sales!! so glad you're in a great place!

Nicki said...

Thank you Barbara, and right back at ya!

Hugs,
Nicki

Nicki said...

Suzanne, thanks I really appreciate that. It has been a lot of work, but I really feel like things are starting to pay off. I hope you are doing well. I am going to stop by your blog for a visit now!

Nicki

austineshane said...

The painting is so meaningful.. There is always sunshine after the storm. I love your pieces.

Nicki said...

Thank you so much Austine- I appreciate your insight. I am glad you enjoy my work.