Wednesday, February 6, 2013

To The Lake! Waskesiu River

To The Lake! Waskesiu River
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2013
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

Is it okay to say that I am really happy with how this turned out? Going in, the foreground stressed me the most, but with less fussing than I anticipated, I got to a place where I decided it was working. I especially like the contrast of the grasses against the dark water in the lower right corner. If you are familiar with the Waskesiu River, this view is from the left side of the bridge looking in the direction of the lake which is further around the bend.

When looking for a link on the Waskesiu River, I found this delightful little Parks Canada vignette... click here.


2 comments:

Judy Adamson said...

Beautiful, Nicki, and yes it's perfectly OK to say that you're really happy with it :D

Nicki said...

Thanks for validating it is okay for me to say I'm happy with it... and I really am!