New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, January 25, 2013

My New Portable Photo Studio


Ooooh, isn't it lovely? My brand spankin' new portable photo studio! I am so excited and I can already tell it is going to save me a lot of grief over getting a good photo- especially when I do a lot of small paintings and want to get them posted ASAP. It all folds up into a compact case with a handle so I can easily take it to and from the studio and also store it away when I am not using it. And how cute is the little tripod that came with it? I can comfortably say that this is making me as happy as a new pair of boots!

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Cool -- as happy as a new pair of boots. Wow -- that's happy!

XO Barbara

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

Awesome! Where did you get it? Smart. I have a white cardboard box. lol I love that the side lighting would make consistent & shadow free photos. : )) Good for you!!!

~Monika
(who incidentally just got new boots. lol)

Nicki said...

Barbara, yes, it is happy! :)

Nicki XO

Nicki said...

Hi Monika,

I got it at London Drugs. I saw it at Christmas a year ago and have pondered over it ever since. It is pretty cool and so compact when all put away. And yes, the side-lighting is awesome as are the light-diffusing screens on the top and sides. It won't be good for photographing anything much larger than 12x12", but I am never in a rush to take pictures of larger work anyway.

And congrats on your new boots! I have a gift card for Traxx that is burning in my wallet- I have to get there soon!