Friday, July 20, 2012

Incredible Lightness

Incredible Lightness
16 x 16"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

Sometimes prairie skies take my breath away; certainly this happens with the stormy, wild, dramatic ones. I've been known to stop everything and high-tail it out of town to get photos of big, spectacular skies and cloud formations. I keep my camera in my purse for this very reason. But sometimes the calm, soft, delicate skies are just as breath-taking and that is what I wanted to convey in this painting.

I hope you are having an incredibly light, uplifting day!


4 comments:

Judy Adamson said...

There's a lot of 'atmosphere' in this painting, Nicki :D

Barbara Muir said...

I am now, if I wasn't before. The sky here is usually piercing blue with white clouds, but today is low hung solid grey clouds. I'm in N.S. thinking of you. Wonderful painter.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

I'm glad you think so Judy and I agree... soft atmosphere at that.

I hope you are well,

Nicki

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

Mmmmm, I can just imagine the gorgeous skies over the beautiful water. And your sweet little schoolhouse... I'm sure it's walls are singing now that you are "home".

I'm glad my painting "lightened" you.

XO Nicki