Thursday, June 28, 2012

Reach Out

Reach Out
10 x 10"
acrylic and oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

I thoroughly enjoyed painting these more abstract views of the "Red Alert" Dogwood bush. My past experiments with the abstract reflections, and now these branches, really gets me excited for the class I will be taking this summer (Expressive Abstraction in Painting with Alicia Popoff) I am hoping to build on some of the ideas that have been caught up in my head and hopefully the class environment will supportive and encouraging.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

I love these. They're so evocative of that happy feeling you get in winter when you see bright colours.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

They were fun to paint, Barbara and I have more related ideas in my head. It's true that there is nothing like a shot of colour on a snowy winter's day.

Nicki XO