New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Grassland Drama

Grassland Drama
12 x 12"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

This is the piece I painted during Art Trek. I wasn't sure I would be comfortable painting with people around but it ended up being okay- mostly I worked during the quieter moments because I was a bit shy about it. By the end of the two days it added up to being enough time to get a small painting done.

I used my 6 x 6" daily painting "Thicket" as the inspiration for this one.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Clearly the people didn't get in the way. Lovely painting.

I like the dramatic sky.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

I wasn't worried about people being in the way, just more about being self-conscious as I worked. I didn't want to be demonstrating per se. It was all fine, though and I had such an enjoyable weekend.

Nicki XO