New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Waskesiu Sky.... and what are you doing tonight?

Waskesiu Sky
10 x 10"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2011 
sold

I went to the studio last week and had a blast painting three canvases- all skies. This is the first one I did. I love creating skies with thick swipes of paint and somewhat unexpected colour. For these three pieces I began with a solid ground of Cadmium Orange (in acrylic). I was very conscious of leaving bits of the orange popping through here and there. I love the energy it gives the painting. I'll show the other two over the next few days.

Tonight is the opening of "Branching Out", a group show I was invited to be a part of at Willow Studio. I think there are about thirty artists participating. We were invited to submit a large piece of artwork with the theme of trees. I submitted "Enchanted", and in fact, the owner loved my grid of small work at the Open Studio last November (which is where she introduced herself to me), so she said I was welcome to submit up to 16 of my small tree related pieces. I ended up taking 10. Fingers crossed that this exposure will bring new contacts... or even a sale!

Anyway, if you are in or near Saskatoon, the opening starts at 7:00 and the address is 148, 2nd Ave. N. I'll be there with a couple of my best pals sipping wine and dreaming of the furniture and decor I wish I had!  

4 comments:

Barbara M. said...

Love the sky Nicki,

Congratulations on the show. Fingers crossed, (oops Mike Dooley says not to say that) visualizing (better) big sales. I am going to meet you soon!

XOBarbara

Sheila said...

Love your skies and fluffy, slightly sassy clouds! I'm so happy that you were INVITED to submit work to a show. That is awesome. I know this show will open more doors for you and I can feel it in my bones...you will makes sales!

-Don said...

Your work is so good that I'm confident new doors will open from this show. I wish I lived nearer to Saskatoon so I could come check it out. Have fun!

-Don

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

Ooooh, you're not supposed to cross your fingers? Nuts! I better stop!

I'm glad you like this sky. It was fun to paint.

Nicki XO



Hi Sheila,

Yes, it does kind of sound all grown up and fancy-like to be "invited"... I'm not sure it really is though.

We'll see what comes of it all.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nicki



Hi Don,

Thanks! I hope what you say is true. We'll see. I'm just happy to get my name "out there" as much as possible.

Nicki