Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Hint

mid-December in my studio... 
the start of the project I have been hinting at...

We have been away. To Mexico! We took the kids and went for about 10 days... ohh, what a treat! But it was a shock to the system to come home to the cold. We left temperatures of about +28 Celsius and came home to about -28 Celsius. Actually I now feel better prepared to make it through the next couple of winter months. It was a good break. 

Before we left on our trip I managed to get this mystery project done and the final image sent off. I will reveal the full story and details soon. I am super excited about it and I am so happy I didn't allow my fears and negative self talk to prevent me from participating. I have to thank my dear friend, Shauna, for a supportive eleventh hour phone call back in November before I committed to this project. She talked me down from the panic ledge and helped me see that this was an opportunity I shouldn't pass up. Her confidence in my work gave me the courage to not just think about it, but to do it! So I did!

Are you on the edge of your seats? he he...

3 comments:

suzanneberry said...

YES!! welcome home and thank you so much. cannot wait to see it.

Barbara Muir said...

I think you're painting all of the women leading up to you! Wow. Ambitious! Am I right? Maybe not.
So far the project looks amazing.

XOBarbara

Nicki said...

Hi Suzanne,

I'm so excited about your painting! I'll be posting mine soon...

Nicki



Hi Barbara,

Well, you are on the right track but frankly... I'm not that ambitious!!! Ha! You'll see very soon what I've done. Thanks for your interest!

Nicki