Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scattered

Scattered
10 x 10"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2011
sold

This is another of the skies I painted last week. It has softer mood than the other two and I really like the gentle colour shifts that are happening in this one- especially just above the horizon line. This one makes me happy. Not sure why. And again I am liking the bits of the Cadmium Orange ground that are popping through.

I had two goals set for myself to get done by the end of January. I've accomplished one, but not the other... yet. The first goal was to get down to The Mendel Art Gallery and get a membership. The reason was twofold: 1) it simply makes sense to support the major public gallery in my city and 2) I hope to participate in the members art show later this year. So that goal is accomplished- I am now a proud member. I have been procrastinating the second goal for awhile now and I thought if I put a time frame on it I would actually get it done. Didn't happen. But I still have one day left in the month. What is this goal, you ask? Well, it is to join Facebook! It scares me for some reason. Maybe it is because I just don't quite get it. I'd like to make use of this powerful social media, but each time I go to figure it out I allow myself to get sidetracked... a little game of solitaire here, a little Google search there... and it's still not done!

8 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

I get it. I'm on Facebook, but rarely find the time to go there. So don't worry. You do what you want to do. Nothing else matters.

Superb painting. See. That's what matters.

XOBarbara

-Don said...

I with you, "Scattered" makes me happy.

When you get past the fear and join facebook be sure to look me up. I have both a fan page and a regular profile. I use both all the time to feature my latest works and blog posts. It can be quite useful.

Happy Creating!

-Don

Judy Adamson said...

Nicki, I'm on facebook and it's quite harmless! Like Don, I have a fan page and a profile page and I post links to my blogs there. Apart from that, I very occasionally go through my home page to see what other people are up to and even more occasionally comment on something - it's a question of lack of time! But some people use facebook much more proactively - it's really up to you and how much time you want to devote to it.

Another beautiful sky, by the way!

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

I think my concern is that I am unsure I want to upkeep and maintain another thing. I guess it can be as much work as I want it to be.

Thanks... the paintings and the process are the most important thing, you are right.

Nicki



Hi Don,

Thank you for saying Scattered makes you happy! That makes me extra happy!

I'm almost ready to do the Facebook thing and I will definitely look you up!

Nicki



Thanks for your insight, Judy. I imagine it is true, I can put in as much time, or not, as works for me. Hmmmmm... Facebook here I come! And I'm glad you like this painting.

Nicki

suzanneberry said...

this is wonderful nicki! and congrats on reaching a goal. i'm so chicken, sounds like a great idea. and as for facebook, if it wasn't for himself i wouldn't be on it. if you need any help just give me a shout. it's a good thing and very painless. great clouds!

Nicki said...

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your comments on this painting. I'm being so silly about this Facebook thing... I'm sure it's harmless and not as confusing as it always sounds when I hear people talking about it. It's good to know you were chicken too and that it has all worked out for you!

Nicki

Flora Doehler said...

Nicki you can set up facebook so that your blog automatically posts there with every update. You'll reach lots more people that way.
I'll be looking for you on Facebook!
Congrats on your CBC interview!!! Wonderful stuff...love your work!
Flora

Nicki said...

Hi Flora,

That's interesting! I didn't know about that Facebook feature. I need to stop thinking about it and just do it!

I did the interview this morning and it went well. She actually said she could have used the whole thing but will have to edit it down obviously.

Thank you for your encouraging words!

Nicki