Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hugh's Pond



Joy
Hugh's Pond
Pride
3- 7x7
acylic on canvas
all sold

Here are the three commissioned pieces all in one place. I do believe they should be hung horizontally, but they won't fit on the screen in that manner. The neighbor who asked me to paint these for her husband's birthday this summer has seen them on the blog, but not in person yet. The pond is his own creation and his pride and joy. She seems pleased so far and I hope in person she will like them even more. The colours certainly show better in real life. The greens of the water are not showing well on my monitor; the blue is taking over a bit. The painting of the water lily is a waaaaaaayyy better photograph than the previous one I posted- look here to see the difference. This is a much more accurate representation. I wanted to include a more pulled back view of the pond, so that hopefully it can be recognized by the family as the one Hugh created in their back yard. I was a bit concerned they wouldn't flow, but I think it is okay, and hopefully even a bit more interesting done this way. Please let me know what you think now that you can see them as a grouping. As always, I appreciate hearing from the interesting people that stop by my blog.

6 comments:

Linda Popple said...

All three paintings are lovely. I think my favorite is the one of the fish. They do look fantastic together. Your client is going to love this!

Kim Rempel said...

Nicki - they're terrific! They all read well and look fabulous together. Your client will be over the moon. And I think the horizontal hanging will be very effective. GREAT job.

suzanneberry said...

Nicki these are just perfectly done! I love them as a set. The new owners must be thrilled. Enjoy the weekend!

Tammy Hext said...

Nicki this turned out fantastic. I am sure your client must have been thrilled.
Tam

Diane Hoeptner said...

I love a good series! My favorite is also the fish, would love to see a series of just fish too. Good job!

Nicki said...

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much. The fish painting got a great response when I first posted it... I may have to experiment with more compositions of that same subject.

Nicki


Hi Kim,

Thank you so much for such an enthusiastic comment. I'm glad you agree with the thoughts on the horizontal hanging.

Nicki


Hi Suzanne,

I showed them to my neighbor and her daughter just before we left for a getaway to the lake. She was very excited, so that made me happy and relieved! Varnish and framing is next!

Nicki


Hi Tammy,

Thanks so much and yes, my neighbor seemed very pleased with what I came up with. She says her husband will have not expect this gift and he will be so excited. I hope she is right... I'll have to wait until August to find out!

Nicki


Hi Diane,

So nice to have you drop by again! I appreciate your comment and I may have to try a little series of fish. Thanks!

Nicki