Monday, November 2, 2009

So Excited!


 Water Striders- Mambo #5
acrylic on canvas
7x7
sold

I haven't been to see the show yet... I was quite house bound with my little guy tonight, but I did hear from the curator! Five paintings have already sold!!! When I told Tommy my news he asked if that meant he could get some new toys. Ha! Nope, it just means mommy can pay for some of the framing! Anyway, it is all very exciting and I can hardly wait for the opening reception coming up on Sunday. Here is one of the little abstract reflections that is in the show. I like the colours and energy of it, but I do think the layers show better in person.

So with all the illness my little guys have had in the last two weeks today I adopted a new best friend... Lysol spray cleaner...  but it may be a love/ hate relationship... the apple fresh scent soon gave way to a more clinical aroma. I'm not a germ-a-phobe, but I do think I will be a bit more cautious over the next little while. Oh, and hand sanitizer is my second best friend!

12 comments:

Janie B said...

Congratulations! How exciting to know that people like your work enough to pay for it. Stay healthy!

-Don said...

Congrats on receiving the best compliment an artist can receive - someone willing to part with their hard earned cash for one of your pieces. And FIVE of them, at that!

I hope for a speedy recovery for both of your boys. It speaks volumes about your priorities in that you're home with them instead of out enjoying the accolades you deserve as an artist. Keep up the great work, mom/artist...

-Don

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am sure these are going to be only the first of many many more!!!

Diana Marshall said...

Congratualations on the show and the sales,that must be so exciting, welldone! Hope all your little ones get well soon too.

Nicki said...

Hi Janie,
yes, it is exciting and it blows my mind!


Hi Don,
It is a huge compliment and one I certainly appreciate in these tougher economic times. And thank you for your kind words... my boys make my world go around.

Hi Sheila,
Thank you... and I hope so!
:o)

Hi Diana,
Nice to hear from you again and thanks, I am excited!


Take care and stay healthy everyone!

Nicki

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the sales Nicki! i hope the boys will be well enough for the opening day. r.

Tammy Hext said...

Congratulations Nicki - this is so awesome. I hear you on the lysol. My little guy has been sick for a week and lysol wipes have become our friend.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the FIVE sales!! Woohoo!!

Chuck Dilmore said...

Nicki - congratulations!

great news, but
totally not surprising!
your stuff is incredible!

continued success!
Chuck

Nicki said...

Hi Rahina,
Thanks so much! I hope the kids will be able to attend too. They are so proud and Sammy is a pretty endearing salesman so I need him there in my corner!

Thanks Tammy. I hope your guy will be better soon. It is not easy to see them sick.

Thanks Deborah... yay... thanks!

Hi Chuck,
Such kind words you leave. Much appreciated... and I look forward to receiving your book.


Thank you so much everyone! I wish you could all be there on Sunday with me!
Nicki

WangFineArt said...

Congratulations! Niki. I really enjoy the landscape and waterscape on your blog! Nice job! Thanks for visiting my blog, nice to known that you are closer now:-).

Nicki said...

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for swinging by and I am sure you will enjoy your time in Canada. It is great to see you posting again.

Nicki