Monday, July 9, 2018

Prospect Point - Painting Makeover

Prospect Point
(after)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2018
sold

The original was painted in 2015 (below); I liked so much about it- especially the clouds, and yet something always bothered me. I remember trying to make the water glow with the pale reflection of the sky. The water was calm that day but at the same time did not really reflect what was above. Over the years it never stopped bothering me, so I finally decided to make a few changes and add a bit of a reflection for the point of land. I think now it feels more like water and not a frozen-over lake. I also softened the edge of the shoreline which helps it read better; it no longer looks like the trees are sitting on top of the water.

  Prospect Point 
(before)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015

No comments: