Monday, April 30, 2018

Severe Weather Warning - Painting Makeover!

Severe Weather Warning
12 x 12"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
available

I was unsure about this makeover. I quite like the original, but after a little chat and small critique with my studio mate, I decided the yellow canola field was just a bit much. Also, I realized that there was a scratch on the surface above the right hand horizon line, so something had to be done.

It's good. I like it either way, but maybe more now. I like the addition of the little clouds at the bottom of the stormy sky. Really, just the bottom half of the painting changed.

Severe Weather Warning
12 x 12"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault. 2016

1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

I love both versions, so wonderful work you super artist!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara