Friday, January 19, 2018

Late Afternoon September, Shady Lake

Late Afternoon September, Shady Lake
8 x 10"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
sold at Darrell Bell Gallery

Look! It's the third painting of 2018!!! 

I have been so excited to see all the posts on FB and Instagram of everyone's "first painting of 2018" that I wanted to jump on board.

"But what happened to the first two?" you might ask. Well, I have been unable to get a good photo of the first two because the light hasn't been right when I have been able to get to the studio (which is not much these days) and they are too large to fit in my lightbox, soooo...

It's the third painting of 2018!

Also, I am not totally thrilled with one of the larger pieces, so I will likely work on it more, in which case this actually becomes the second finished painting of 2018!




No comments: