Thursday, February 16, 2017

Climb Inside The Sunset

Climb Inside The Sunset
36 x 48"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
(commission)
sold

It is done and on its way! What a ride this one was! It went through many changes and that water gave me a run for my money, but I am so happy with the end result. The big commish is done! It is currently en route to Portland, Oregon! I am over the moon that my client sought me out and asked me to take on this project. He actually saw my show at the University Club last summer and contacted me in November to discuss ideas for a big painting. I think I have the best job ever in the world! ("Ever in the world" is a quote from one of my boys when he was about five.)

professionally packed and shipped by UPS
photo © Nicki Ault, 2017

I listened to Norah Jones' album "Come Away With Me" over and over again while I worked on this painting. It was basically on a continuous loop. I never got tired of it; each song is magic. The mood of the music matched  my energy, my thoughts and my emotions. The process of creating this painting was a wonderful experience. I actually feel like I know myself a little better. Pretty cool gig I have.

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Yay Nicki,

Love it. How wonderful! Break out the champagne. Just an amazingly beautiful painting.

XOXOXOXOXO

Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you Barbara- it was a struggle at times, but I am very pleased with the end result.

XO N.

Marcela Strasdas said...

Great job Nicki! I also listen to Norah Jones a lot while painting, love her!... many times I use Jango here in Canada, a site similar to Pandora. I discover like that music similar to norah's but by other artists.
Congratulations on finishing the commission!

Nicki said...

Hi Marcela- I am not familiar with Jango- I will have to check it out. I am so happy the commission was well received and I can hardly wait to see a picture of it framed and in their home!

Take care,
Nicki