Thursday, March 17, 2016

Throwback Thursday

#30 - Showtime
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011
sold

Five years ago I did a little project where I painted thirty paintings in thirty days, then took them to an art show and sale. All of the paintings were 6x6 inches. This was painting number thirty in that series. I recall it was not always easy to find time to paint every single day, but I did it even if it meant starting at ten in the evening or getting up really early to make sure it got done. The following year I did the project again and below is the last painting in that series.

#30 - Northern Curtain Call
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

It is very interesting for me to look back at the two projects. I can see a marked growth between the two years and the years since then. That is all I can hope for. Gotta keep moving forward.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is supposed to be a throwback post, but look what I got today! So cool. I'll proudly display it on this blog and when I do future shows.

No comments: