Thursday, November 5, 2015

Heart Lake

Heart Lake
10 x 8"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold

Unfortunately I am not sure this photo is of the best quality... there is a bit of a hot spot on the right side and it seems somewhat out of focus. I may try to get a better shot when I get a chance, however hopefully you get the jist.

I mentioned that a couple of weekends ago I took a workshop through Atelier 2302 on landscape painting with Gord MacDonald. Well, on November 14 and 15 I am taking another workshop! I am very excited about it- it is called "Portrait Drawing with Matthew Mancini". Please have a look at the connected link to Matthew Mancini.

I have not drawn for awhile, so it should be interesting. I will be rusty and I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of such a stellar artist, but these are the chances one takes to learn and grow. I actually feel honoured to have the opportunity to be in the position to study with Matthew Mancini. What will I learn? What will I draw? Will I be able to make a connection from the Bargue drawings to what Matt will teach? I bet I will. I am anticipating light bulbs lighting up all weekend! Stay tuned... I will post the work I will produce.

No comments: